List:       opensolaris-xwin-discuss
Subject:    Re: [xwin-discuss] [osol-discuss] Wont boot up to GDM using Live CD
From:       Vikram Hegde <Vikram.Hegde () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2009-09-27 19:39:47

Hi,

Any one of the entries in the compatible list (in prtconf output) can
cause the driver to bind to the hardware.
I see pci1458,d000 in the compatible list which doesn't have 2e32. One
way to find the alias being used is to
run prtconf -D. This will give you the driver bound to the chipset. Then
search for that driver in /etc/driver_aliases.
Then compare all aliases for that driver in /etc/driver_aliases against
the compatible list for the chipset in prtconf output.
That will give you the compatible name that cuases driver binding.

Vikram