List:       opensolaris-xwin-discuss
Subject:    [xwin-discuss] No mouse on snv_122 (unplug / plugin)
From:       Gordon Ross <Gordon.Ross () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2009-09-15 15:14:01

After upgrading a machine to snv_122, the mouse usually
(almost always) doesn't work.

As long as the mouse is plugged in when X starts, the
mouse often works.  However, if after that I move the
mouse to a different hub port on my keyboard, the
mouse is no longer functional, and remains broken
even if I plug the mouse back in where it was.

I can often make the mouse work by restarting Xorg
with the mouse where it was first found.

I discovered this while using a couple borrowed machine
where one of the mice didn't work at all, so I was just
moving one working mouse between two machines...

Is there a CR for this?  Work-around?

Thanks,
Gordon