List:       opensolaris-xwin-discuss
Subject:    Re: [xwin-discuss] [networking-discuss] saga continues [was: Re:
From:       Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-12-12 20:40:04

michael schuster wrote:
> I created a second VNC session and then fooled around with truss a little
> bit; it seems the difference between the working and non-working version is
> the existence of /tmp/ssh-xauth-<random-string>/xauth, where
> <random-string> is the argument to the -xauth option of Xvnc and different
> for each vnc session, and which exists for the new one and not for the old
> (non-working) one.

Those are the directories created by ssh for the X session forwarding
keys - ssh/sshd are responsible for their creation & deletion, and they
set XAUTHORITY environment variable to point to them.

Perhaps vncserver is picking that up from your ssh session at startup,
and then when that ssh session is closed, they're lost - you could try
starting vncserver with the XAUTHORITY environment variable either
unset or reset back to the default value of $HOME/.xauthority to see if
that is the case.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com