List:       opensolaris-xwin-discuss
Subject:    Re: [xwin-discuss] [osol-help] How to configure Xorg to use
From:       Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-06-04 6:51:28

Edward O'Callaghan wrote:
> Alan,
>
> On snv90 in OpenSolaris2008.05, has the following bug fix been back
> ported or did you just do: Xorg -configure to generate an xorg.conf file,
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6642276

Neither - the X700 uses the radeon driver, not radeonhd, and has worked
without an xorg.conf in Solaris for 2 or 3 years now.

Even the many of the newer R500 series cards work in 2008.05 & nv_87 and
later due to the upgrade to version 6.8.0 of the ATI driver that supports
many of those cards directly in radeon instead of requiring radeonhd.

That fix in 91 enables fallback to radeonhd for any cards that it supports
that the radeon driver does not, but that should be a small set (maybe even
none - I haven't done the comparison of their support lists to check).

--
     -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com