List:       opensolaris-xen-discuss
Subject:    [xen-discuss] Any experience with Ubuntu under xVM paravirtualized?
From:       Erik Trimble <Erik.Trimble () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-10-23 14:45:22

I'm looking to convert several older Operton systems (200- and
800-series CPUs with NO hardware virtualization support) to running
xVM.  e.g.  v20z and v40z

I'd really prefer to have the Guest OSes be Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.  For the
sake of argument, I'd like both 32- and 64-bit Ubuntu support.    I
realize that I'll have to run the xen-specific kernel in the Guests,
which is fine.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this?  If so, can I get some
advice about anything unusual you've encountered? (you can just email me
if you'd prefer, or I do read this list).

--
Erik Trimble
Java System Support