List:       opensolaris-xen-discuss
Subject:    Re: [xen-discuss] [ha-clusters-discuss] VMWARE - Site Recovery
From:       Marcelo Leal <opensolaris () posix ! brte ! com ! br>
Date:       2008-10-23 4:10:37

Hello there,
 Ok, we are getting someplace (maybe in the middle of nowhere ;)...
 Detlef, i was thinking just about the Geo edition, thats why my first post. I guess \
the framework is here already. But i don īt know if the SRM needs a cluster software. \
It īs all new to me (SRM), but i think SRM wants just a \
Storage+replication_framework. (All the engine for HA it īs already integrated?)   \
Hello Piotr, i don īt think we need to be closed in our world, and work just in \
projects inside our community, there are a lot of people out there ;-). A good \
example is the CIFS project...  I think would be nice if we can work in a generic \
framework (maybe it īs already that way), wich would be simple to adapt to xVM, \
VMWare, Xen, etc. Actually, fot that *well know* solutions, we could have the whole \
package.   Something like:
 1) SRM* for xVM
 2) SRM* for Xen
 3) SRM* for vmware (here there is an option to implement the whole solution, or just \
the Storage+replication)

 (*) I have just used the same concepts by vmware. ;)

 It īs a whole new solution, and i īm just starting to think about it. But i īm sure \
There are a lot of guys here that know about that concepts much better than me. I did \
find some link about it on blogs.sun, but i īm not find anymore, maybe we could \
include the xVM community in the discussion. Here i have one link that have some \
informations about the topic:  http://blog.scottlowe.org/tag/vmwaresrm/

 Thanks a lot for your time!

 Leal.