List:       opensolaris-xen-discuss
Subject:    [xen-discuss] domU for Xen3.0.2-2 Linux ( Knoppix, Xenoppix )
From:       Fukuzaki Akinobu <akki () think-win ! com>
Date:       2006-10-30 10:57:31

Hi all,

I have a plan to make and distribute Solaris domU image.
This image should be use at Knoppix or Xenoppix ( http://
unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/xen/ ),
for new users trial for Solaris.

I build my xen image by How To Guide - August 2006, and I have tested
the image on solaris dom0 and linux (Fedora Core 5) dom0. It work
very well.
( unfortunately, I failed to build binaries... nightly occurs some
errors... but
this is an another story...)

So, I want to ask you about license. To distribute domU Image with
Knoppix or
Xenoppix, we should make the binary license clear.

1st.: I followed the procedure at How To Guide - August 2006, so, I
used Solaris Express
Community Release build 44. I'm not sure about binary license of this
build.

2nd.: I used binaries there, what about binary license of these tools?

What do you think about it? Is there are way to clear all
( possible ) license issues?

Thank you,
Akinobu Fukuzaki