List:       opensolaris-xen-discuss
Subject:    [xen-discuss] Re: Xen / VMware on Solaris
From:       Jürgen_Keil <jk () tools ! de>
Date:       2007-06-27 10:40:33

> Is it possible to install Xen OSS or VMware on Solaris 10?

Nope, not on S10 x86.

To quote Nils N. http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=33900

nilsn> Xen will not be in update 4. We are pushing towards integrating into
nilsn> Nevada sometime this summer.
nilsn>
nilsn> We're actively working on getting another release out to OpenSolaris. I
nilsn> have my latest attempt at building an ISO image spinning in another window
nilsn> right now.
nilsn>
nilsn> This new release will be based on Nevada build 66. It's been a
nilsn> ridiculously long time since our last release, and I apologize for that.
nilsn> Due to the logistics involved and the upcoming US holiday, it's unlikely
nilsn> that this will make it to the web site before the second week in July.
nilsn>
nilsn> As soon as it's available, we'll send an announcement to xen-disuss and
nilsn> osol-announce.

> If yes, where can I get the packages? Does anyone
> have how to for Solaris on virtualization.

You can try QEMU (+kqemu), should work on S10-x86:

    http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/qemu/