List:       opensolaris-xen-discuss
Subject:    [xen-discuss] Re: directboot (?) breaks "-B atapi-cd-dma-enabled=0"
From:       Jürgen_Keil <jk () tools ! de>
Date:       2007-06-26 8:29:57

I wrote

> In qemu it was possible to work around such a problem by starting the
> Solaris kernel with option "-B atapi-cd-dma-enabled=0".  But apparently that
> got broken in snv_60.  It seems as if the kernel command line option
> "-B atapi-cd-dma-enabled=0" isn't able to overwrite bootenv.rc,or something
> like that... ?

Yep, apparently you can't overwrite bootenv.rc settings with
"-B property=value", since direct boot was integrated (<= snv_60)
and before the fix for 6520287 "Serial console redirection ignores
 ttyX-mode with direct boot" got integrated (snv_64).

>  Is this problem fixed in opensolaris release > snv_60 ?
>

> Bug ID   	 6534878
> Synopsis 	hvm install of solaris b60 fails
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6534878
>
> Bug ID   	 6543366
> Synopsis 	solaris and HVM CDROM emulation do not cooperate
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6543366
>
> (6534878 seems to contain a workaround with an additional read only
> install image file, that I'm going to try next...)

Yep, using the two workarounds from 6534878 it was possible to install snv_60
into a domU running on a linux box.