List:       opensolaris-website-discuss
Subject:    Re: [website-discuss] Latest version of auth application
From:       Alan Burlison <Alan.Burlison () sun ! com>
Date:       2007-11-13 17:35:20

Al Hopper wrote:

> Have you looked at existing systems that might be adaptable to
> OpenSolaris.org - rather than writing something from the ground up?  I
> came across this:
>
> http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/shib-tech-intro.html
>
> and it seems (notice I say _seems_) to be similar to what you are building?

Yes, I have looked at existing systems.  There are lots of
possibilities, but none of them are a ready-to-go fit the structure we
have at OpenSolaris.org, in particular we are constrained by the fact
that we have 80,000 user registrations in a database that doesn't really
fit into any of the off-the-shelf stuff.

--
Alan Burlison