List:       opensolaris-website-discuss
Subject:    [website-discuss] Re: [cab-discuss] Re: test questions to test OGB
From:       Simon Phipps <webmink () sun ! com>
Date:       2007-02-21 23:28:14

On Feb 21, 2007, at 22:39, Stephen Hahn wrote:

> * Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith@sun.com> [2007-02-21 14:22]:
>> Stephen Hahn wrote:
>>> * Ian Collins <ian@ianshome.com> [2007-02-21 13:29]:
>>>
>>>  I will send out instructions (or a pointer) along with an
>>> announcement
>>>  of Al's poll.  In the meanwhile, make sure you have a public SSH
>>> key
>>>  registered on opensolaris.org--the system will be SSH-based.
>>>
>>>  (Instructions for registering a key are embedded in
>>>
>>>  http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/tools/scm/hg_help/
>>>
>>>  I'll pull them out for the voting pages as well.)
>>
>> For those who don't have the helpful people on #opensolaris
>> helping them
>> as I just did, is there any way the form for updating ssh keys
>> could be
>> fixed so it doesn't reject with an obtuse "Doesn't match regex"
>> error if
>> your copy and paste makes the horrible mistake of including a
>> newline at
>> the end of the key?
>
>   Yes, although we'll need to check with Gary Pennington about their
>   planned updates over the next couple of weeks.  (The form also
>   shouldn't ask about the key type, but just check that the key
> matches
>   one of the valid patterns.)

It would be better if it was just possible to upload the key file. I
found it non-obvious how to get a key registered. The whole process
is already pretty involved, so reducing the key registration to a
file upload dialog (along with a default upload path of ~/.ssh/)
would make it a whole lot easier.

S.