List:       opensolaris-website-discuss
Subject:    Re: [website-discuss] Project pages links for Security "projects"
From:       Darren J Moffat <Darren.Moffat () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2006-10-17 15:45:13

John Plocher wrote:
> How about glomming on to the ARC casedir structure for these historical
> cases as an alternative?  That is, I assume that these "old" projects
> all had arc activity (and the new ones will) - just create a project
> materials subdir and add any additional materials to the sac case
> directory, clean up the existing case materials and mark the
> IAM:Exposure as open.  Voila, the next time the mirroring cron job runs,
> the materials get published and you can reference them easily from your
> web pages...

ARC information is not all that we are looking for.  Have a look at the
some of the "projects" under the security community for why this won't
work, in particular look at the pam and tx projects.

In both of those cases (and rbac, and audit) it is many many ARC cases.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

--
Darren J Moffat