List:       opensolaris-website-discuss
Subject:    Re: [website-discuss] request setup up of ste-discuss@opensolaris.org
From:       jarrett lu <Jarrett.Lu () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2006-06-24 1:13:27

Dan Price wrote:

>On Fri 23 Jun 2006 at 05:26PM, jarrett lu wrote:
>

>>Hi there,
>>
>>Solaris Trusted Extensions will be available in Solaris Express in early
>>July.
>>In the release notes, we've instructed early adopters to send emails to
>>ste-discuss@opensolaris.org. So it's time to create this email alias. I'd
>>like the alias to include rampart-dev-team@sun.com initially. This alias is
>>for Trusted Extensions project under "security" community.
>>
>>Thanks in advance for your help.
>>

>Is this alias for a Solaris(tm)-only product?  If so, it might be a little
>out of scope for opensolaris.org.

Solaris Trusted Extensions future development is moving to opensolaris,
just like other Solaris projects. We will develop more label aware features
that will interoperate with other non-Solaris systems (SElinex, other NFS
implementations, etc.). We are looking forward to community involvment
to help us to build better trusted systems in future. I don't believe
it's out
of scope for opensolaris.org.

Jarrett