List:       opensolaris-tools-discuss
Subject:    [tools-discuss] request for code review: Mercurial-aware SUNWonbld
From:       "Mark J. Nelson" <Mark.J.Nelson () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-06-14 5:25:03

Howdy--

Please review this update to the SUNWonbld tools to make them
Mercurial-aware. This is the first step towards transitioning ON (and any
consolidation relying on these tools) to Mercurial.

For most ON developers, nothing will obviously change after this putback.
They will continue using the same tools, in the same fashion, in the same
teamware workspaces.

For anyone working in Mercurial, or for anyone wanting to migrate a
workspace to Mercurial, this will give them native support in the
SUNWonbld tools.  (Read "they will no longer need to download tools from
our project page, and can use any maintained ON build machine.")

Anyway, more blathering on that forthcoming under separate cover.

Here's the webrev:

 	http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/toolsreview/

Onerous request #1: I know as I type this that this is a pretty short
turnaround, but here goes: please provide feedback no later than close of
business Pacific, Friday, June 20.  If you cannot do so, please let us
know how much extra time you need, and what portions of the putback you
want to review.

Onerous request #2: Please review the dynamic content of the code review
feedback wiki at

  	http://www.genunix.org/wiki/index.php/ToolsReviewFeedback

...before providing your input.  You get major bonus points for using the
wiki to enter your own comments, or we will transcribe them if that works
best.  Using the wiki will help us to capture your feedback accurately,
and to triage, organize, and respond to it in a timely fashion, but
hey--we know it's not for everyone.

Have at it, and thanks in advance.

--Mark and the SCM Migration team