List:       opensolaris-tools-discuss
Subject:    Re: [tools-discuss] ws webrev
From:       Stephen Lau <stevel () sun ! com>
Date:       2007-02-20 23:24:48

Darren J Moffat wrote:
> DJM-1 131 set -- `hg root`
>
> I think based on what happened with webrev this will cause error output
> when this is run on a teamware workspace, right ?

Yeah, and in rewriting this to be cleaner, I've addressed this anyway.

> DJM-2 125-145 + 194-202
>
> This is all really just detecting the SCM_MODE.  We have really similar
> code in webrev as well now.  We should probably put this code into a
> common file that can be sourced in by both.  Not needed for this
> integration but something we should consider.

Agreed

> DJM-3 209-212
>
> Why do we do the check for mercurial first ?  previously and IIRC in
> webrev we always check for teamware first.  No big issue just wondering
> why it is done this way around here.

I've set it to check for Mercurial first, since this is an ON script and
ON will be Mercurial.. yeah, it's not a big deal to flip it round - it
just seemed to make sense to me.

> DJM-4 256
>
> I think having this named protodefs in .hg/ seems wrong, I think someone
> else already suggested org.opensolaris.protodefs as an alternate name. I
> like that name.  Personally I've never manually populated this file so I
> don't really know how people would use it.

Yup, I've addressed that.

> DJM-5 318-319
>
> default vs default-push/default-pull
>
> I think default and default-pull are the most relevant here not
> default-push.  The way I think about this is that default/default-pull
> would be from "the clone" and default-push is "the gate".  Now I know we
> won't need to have ON setup like that with Mercurial but I suspect that
> default/default-pull in this case for many people will be a local to
> them pure clone of ON and default-push would be an opensolaris.org (or
> similar) hosted respository that is "remote".
>
> So I'd say check default-pull then default.   However if we do that here
> we should probably look at webrev since it might need the same logic and
> IIRC I didn't use default-pull anywhere.
>
> I'm okay leaving the codejust looking at default, but remove the comment
> and log a bug instead.

Given that, and Rich's reply - I'm going to leave it at 'default' and
remove the comment (and not file a bug).

cheers,
steve

--
stephen lau // stevel@sun.com | 650.786.0845 | http://whacked.net
opensolaris // solaris kernel development