List:       opensolaris-sysadmin-discuss
Subject:    Re: [sysadmin-discuss] provlems with mv utility
From:       Cindy.Swearingen () Sun ! COM
Date:       2009-05-18 14:51:42

Hi,

The root cause here is that although the Solaris 10 release has extended
attributes, the Solaris 10 mv command does not understand the special
SUNWattr_ro/rw files that are included in the OpenSolaris 2008.11
release.

The reason that the rsync does not fail is that it just ignores the
extended attributes.

Regards,

Cindy