List:       opensolaris-sysadmin-discuss
Subject:    Re: [sysadmin-discuss] Solstice DiskSuite Doubt
From:       Iain MacDonnell <Iain.MacDonnell () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2007-09-24 21:30:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Tom Whitten wrote on 09/24/07 10:16 AM:
> Artur Baruchi writes:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Guys... I need to check the size (in mb or gb) of some metadevices,
>> but when I execute the metastat command, I get the follow output:
>>
>> # metastat d60
>> d60: Mirror
>>     Submirror 0: d61
>>       State: Okay
>>     Pass: 1
>>     Read option: roundrobin (default)
>>     Write option: parallel (default)
>>     Size: 18854400 blocks <----
>>
>> d61: Submirror of d60
>>     State: Okay
>>     Size: 18875520 blocks <----
>>     Stripe 0:
>>         Device              Start Block  Dbase State        Hot Spare
>>         c4t50060E8003A8FC04d2s0        0     No    Okay
>>
>> The size is in blocks.. My question is... Is it in 512-block or 1024 ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Att.
>> Artur Baruchi
>
> They are 512 byte blocks.

BTW, modern "Solaris Volume Management" (I haven't heard the name
"Solstice DiskSuite" in quite some years!) metastat does display the
size in GB as well as blocks. Maybe it's time to upgrade to Solaris 10?

d30: Mirror
     Submirror 0: d31
       State: Okay
     Submirror 1: d32
       State: Okay
     Pass: 1
     Read option: roundrobin (default)
     Write option: parallel (default)
     Size: 41945715 blocks (20 GB)

d31: Submirror of d30
     State: Okay
     Size: 41945715 blocks (20 GB)
     Stripe 0:
         Device     Start Block  Dbase        State Reloc Hot Spare
         c0t0d0s3          0     No            Okay   Yes

d32: Submirror of d30
     State: Okay
     Size: 41945715 blocks (20 GB)
     Stripe 0:
         Device     Start Block  Dbase        State Reloc Hot Spare
         c0t2d0s3          0     No            Okay   Yes

:)

     ~Iain

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]