List:       opensolaris-sysadmin-discuss
Subject:    Re: [sysadmin-discuss] New project for sysadmin group. User facing
From:       Rick.Ramsey () Sun ! COM
Date:       2007-09-21 15:33:31

Hi Brian,

I think I understand what you're doing now.  It sounds like an excellent
idea to me.  I'll leave you to your own devices, then, but make one
parting request....

Keep us informed of what you're doing so we can drive traffic to your
site.  We want to provide the content that system administrators of
Sun-related technologies need.  Yes, that includes Solaris 10, but our
audience works in a very heterogenous environment that includes Linux
and Windows and, increasingly, open source applications.  We have, for
instance, an entire collection of Linux content:

    http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/collections/linux.html

The more you can reach out to mainstream sysadmins via BigAdmin, the
more likely they'll be to deploy open source technologies.

It's very easy to put a link to your open source content/sites on
BigAdmin.  Just fill in this form:

    http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/common/submittals.jsp

And if you think there are enough links out there to justify an open
source collection similar to the Linux collection, let me know.

Take Care,

Rick

Managing Editor
BigAdmin