List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    [storage-discuss] ZFS - Implementation Successes and Failures
From:       "Dominic Kay" <dominic.kay () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-04-28 20:20:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi

Firstly apologies for the spam if you got this email via multiple aliases.

I'm trying to document a number of common scenarios where ZFS is used as
part of the solution such as email server, $homeserver, RDBMS and so forth
but taken from real implementations where things worked and equally
importantly threw up things that needed to be avoided (even if that was the
whole of ZFS!).

I'm not looking to replace the Best Practices or Evil Tuning guides but to
take a slightly different slant.  If you have been involved in a ZFS
implementation small or large and would like to discuss it either in
confidence or as a referenceable case study that can be written up, I'd be
grateful if you'd make contact.

--
Dominic Kay
http://blogs.sun.com/dom