List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    Re: [storage-discuss] S10 x86 + 2530 + MPxIO
From:       Robert Milkowski <milek () task ! gda ! pl>
Date:       2008-04-16 7:48:45

Hello James,

>> I'm a little bit surprised you're releasing still new patches with
>> this bug open...
JCM>

JCM> I'm stung by your last sentence above - courtesy of you and
JCM> Andy, we've only just come across this problem. The -15 and
JCM> -16 revs of the mpt patch were in the pipeline for release
JCM> well before this bug turned up and was analyzed.

JCM> The most recent update I've seen to it came barely an hour
JCM> ago and was from one of our most experienced engineers in the
JCM> MPxIO area - he was suggesting one path we could follow to
JCM> get this resolved.

Yeah, you are definitely right and I appreciate your work guys.
I was just surprised by this bug for some reason...
I guess that is what you get from time to time when you adopt relatively
new technologies (SAS).

JCM> Once we've got it resolved and tested we can follow through
JCM> the rest of the process for getting the fix released as a
JCM> patch. Rest assured that yes, it is a P1 bug and we are giving
JCM> it the attention it most definitely deserves.

JCM> In the meantime, if you desperately want MPxIO on your x86 system
JCM> with more than 4Gb of ram and the PCI-E hba, you could consider
JCM> downgrading to the -14 version.

To let everyone knows - there's already the IDR (works ok) so
relatively soon there should be a public patch I hope.

--
Best regards,
 Robert Milkowski                            mailto:milek@task.gda.pl