List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    Re: [storage-discuss] mpio support in solaris10 x86
From:       David Weibel <david () weibeltech ! com>
Date:       2008-03-31 10:50:33

I'm assuming your updating an iSCSI HBA driver to support MPxIO.  If these \
assumptions are true I would recommend you be very careful with the MPxIO interfaces. \
To the last of my knowledge while this code is open source its contract private,  \
which means you can look at the code and use it.  Although Sun has the right to \
change it without notifying you, since your not on the contract, breaking your \
software.  I would recommend you try and get a contract on the MPxIO interfaces.  \
This would also likely put you in touch with the right person for detailed \
information how to integrate the interfaces.

You can find the MPxIO documents here...
  http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/mpxio/

You might also use the iSCSI software initiator as a reference.  There are two main \
areas where it contains MPxIO related code.

  iscsi.c - http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/nwsc/src/sun_nws/iscsi/src/iscsi.c
  Searching for hba_mpxio_enabled is this file will point you to most of the related \
sections.  iscsi_lun.c - \
http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/nwsc/src/sun_nws/iscsi/src/iscsi_lun.c  Pretty \
much all this file is related to the attach of MPxIO vs. non-MPxIO LUNs.

I would recommend you start out using a single path in your attach testing and \
assuming the device isn't already in Sun's MPxIO tables you will need to add a \
scsi_vhci.conf record like the following. Where SUN SENA are the VID/PID and this is \
very space sensitive.

    device-type-scsi-options-list = "SUN SENA", "symmetric-option";
    symmetric-option = 0x1000000;

Although again a word of caution.  Using contract private interfaces without a \
contract is dangerous.