List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    Re: [storage-discuss] S10U4 SPARC, V890,
From:       Greg Hackbarth <greg.hackbarth () wku ! edu>
Date:       2008-03-31 9:40:16

Joel, I now have the 06.70.42.10 firmware installed.  I did the steps you suggested: \
the devfsadm cleanup, the reconfig reboot without the cables attached, the reconfig \
with the cables reattached, etc.  Got a really strange result, in that following all \
that I saw no output from 'stmsboot -L'.  I then ran 'stmsboot -u' in case it needed \
an update, and following that the only output I got from -L was the c3t1d0 volume \
(one path to LUN 0)... nothing to LUN 1.  I then tried another reconfig reboot and \
got c3t1d0 again and c2t0d0, so both paths to LUN 0 but none to LUN 1.

I then decided to try some more steps, running 'stmsboot -d' and following that \
running 'stmsboot -D mpt -e'.  This changed my mpt.conf obviously but I then saw \
c3t1d0, c2t0d1, and c3t1d1 (1 for LUN 0, 2 for LUN 1).  Very odd.

Then, I decided to do another reconfig reboot, and saw all four again.  Rebooted \
again without reconfig, and I'm back to c3t1d0, c2t0d1, and c3t1d1.

Frustrating...