List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    [storage-discuss] ZFS space issuses?
From:       Andre Lue <sik350z () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-03-24 8:56:32

Can someone explain what is happening here.

I have a test raidz1 on B71 with approx 2.72TB  of usable storage space. I had 592GB \
available. here's the hierarchy
zpool hammer_head
zfs    hammer_head/sandtiger

I moved (mv) a 400G folder from hammer_head to sandtiger. This operation did not \
complete. It failed saying not enough space.

The 400G is still being used in hammer_head and I cannot rm any of the files. Is this \
failing because of prior snapshots?

I can however delete the new copies of the files in /hammer_head/sandtiger.

Why on a move is the old copy still there? (holding 400G still)

Can someone explain what's going on here?

I have a hunch its being held for the snapshots made on the pool.

thanks