List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    Re: [storage-discuss] AoE...
From:       Joel Burton <fubaccajoe2003 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-03-19 10:27:14

We use the Coraid AoE for storage where we do not need spectacular speed.  We use it quite a bit for our backup storage needs, as well as redundant copies of our file servers.  It is less expensive and functions very well for these uses.  Woudl I run my VMWare cluster off of it, no way.  But for what we use it for, it was on par with iSCSI cost wise, and cheaper than FC.  The setup is very simple, almost seemed too simple when we were setting it up.  so yes it does have its place, not recommended for every storage need though.