List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    Re: [storage-discuss] iSCSI disconnect = 5 minute system hang
From:       David Weibel <david () weibeltech ! com>
Date:       2008-02-27 9:38:16

> 1. Would it be safe to set these figures to 1, 3 and 9 seconds? Obviously
> I'll need to test it, but are you aware of any major gotchas I should look
> out for?

My prediction is with values that small your going to encounter invalid
IO failures during IO in a real world situation.  I think you can tune them
down some based on application requirements.  Although there are more
factors to consider in this puzzle.  The TCP level and target driver level
timeouts.  All these timeouts play into the same problem/puzzle.