List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    [storage-discuss] Personal Storage Server - SPARC
From:       Blake <blake.irvin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-28 16:48:17

I hope this isn't off-topic, but I'm looking for advice.  I'd like to
keep my sata/zfs storage array on a SPARC system.  I'm sure I'd need a
sata controller for this to be economical, but I'm not sure which
older SPARC systems are best.  I've been considering the Ultra60 and
Ultra80.

Any thoughts?

Ideally, I'd like to support 1-2 boot drive(s) and 4 SATA disks (raidz
with hot spare).

I'm not totally opposed to having disks lying loose in the chassis :)

cheers,
Blake