List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    Re: [storage-discuss] 64-bit windows Vista initiator --> b63 target
From:       "Rick McNeal" <ramcneal () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-16 13:35:18

On 5/13/07, Kim Culhan <sun@kim.net> wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2007 18:43, Rick McNeal wrote:
> > I forgot to Reply to All on my response to Kim. So, I'd like to
> > correct that oversight and have added the storage-discuss to this response.
>
> Thats great.. please Bcc: the forum so the sun@ address is kept from the 'spammers'
>
> > One thing that comes to mind since you're using ZFS. There was a fix
> > made to ZVOLs that greating increased the performance. The trouble is that I'm not
> > sure what release had those changes. Since I'm no longer at Sun I can't just look
> > at the SCCS history and bug database. I'll ask someone I know to track down this
> > information. The unbuffered data seems a little low for reads from a ZVOL.

The ZVOL fix went into build 59 so there's something else that's
causing the unbuffered performance numbers to be low. I need to look
at your information again to see if I can spot a pattern.

--
Rick McNeal

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true
friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn .. that was fun!"