List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    [storage-discuss] Solaris Backup Server
From:       Hazvinei Mugwagwa <hazvinei () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-15 19:32:44

I have an opensolaris server running with a raidz zfs pool with almost 1TB of storage.   This is intended to be a central fileserver via samba and ftp for all sorts of purposes. I also want to use it to backup my XP laptop. I am having trouble finding out how I can setup solaris to allow my XP machine to backup on a regular schedule, do I look for programs for XP or does solaris have some built in apps that can help with automating this process in terms of syncing folders and allowing for restoration and recovery.