List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    [storage-discuss] Re: Re[2]:  mpathadm - disabling fc port
From:       Lyle Merdan <lyle.merdan () qlogic ! com>
Date:       2007-03-26 11:31:45

"All I really wanted is to switch given fc port off so I do not have to
physically go to data center to remove/plug fc link in order to final
testing if everything is ok."

So my gut response is, That's what rookie sysadmins are for! I didn't spend a year \
vacuuming dist bunnies out of sparc-5 hosts and changing monitors and hard drives for \
nothing. It was to earn respect. Make a junior admin go pull the cable and sit there \
until you tell them to plug it back in. Then give'm a rawhide to chew on.

But another possible test would be reset a controller on the storage.

Or if the host supports PCI hotplug, you could use something like:
cfgadm -c unconfigure pcisch2:sg6slot5

This will cause the OS to offline and detach from the HBA port.

Lyle