List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    [storage-discuss] Re: How to detach driver from selective
From:       Sumit Gupta <sumit.gupta () sun ! com>
Date:       2007-02-23 10:47:59

Hi Leon

We are working on FC Target. The design is not yet at a level to be open sourced but \
it will eventually be. The problem you described will be resolved and the user will \
be allowed to choose, on a per port basis, the node to use for Target vs. the node to \
use for default binding. The work is going on as we speak.

The solution I described around changing PCI ID is an interim solution one can use to \
work around this problem. If you are using generic HBAs or SUN branded then its not \
supported. But if you have OEM relations with vendors then the vendor might be \
willing to support it for you.

Thanks
Sumit