List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    [storage-discuss] iSCSI Initiator Read Performance - Tweak
From:       David Weibel <david () weibeltech ! com>
Date:       2007-02-21 8:13:16

There has been a lot iSCSI performance discussion lately so I figured I would point \
out this little initiator tweak.

In the traces from thread "iSCSI Problem with Solaris 10 6/06" (second trace packet \
18196) I noticed the Solaris initiator is still setting a MaxRecvDataSegmentLength of \
8K.  (Note: This system is noted to having the latest iSCSI patches.)  8K will give \
really bad read performance and increase utilization on both the target and \
initiator.  You can override this setting with iscsiadm by modifying the \
target-params and set something like maxrecvdataseglen=131072.  It looks like Sun is \
working on a fix for this problem, \
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6457694.