List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    Re: [storage-discuss] fix for 6322028 breaks mpt?
From:       Nikko He <Li.He () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2007-02-19 7:46:20

Hi River,

Sorry for the late response because of the Chinese New Year Holiday.

CR 6446083 has been filed to solve the problem in the mpt driver, the
fixing is undergoing.

The workaround for this problem from my side is,

1. Backup the mpt driver(/kerne/drv/amd64/mpt) before you install the
new patch.
2. Restore the mpt driver with the backup driver after the installation
completes.

*or*

do the same operation, but backup and restore the sd
driver(/kernel/drv/amd64/sd).

I will let the colleagues  in mpt team know this problem and see if they
can supply
other workarounds for you. If my workaround can solve your problem at the
moment, please let me know,  and I think the fix for the mpt driver will
be released
soon.

Hope helpful,
Nikko