List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    [storage-discuss] Problems with USB external storage and build 47?
From:       Peter Baer Galvin <pbg () petergalvin ! info>
Date:       2006-09-30 6:40:33

Hey All,

I had some problems with my external USB storage (a ZFS pool) so I replaced the disks \
in it. Foolishly, at the same time, I also rebuilt my system with build 47 (whitebox \
PC). Never change two variables at one. Anyway,  now Solaris can't see my external \
USB storage. rmformat -l shows nothing and format -e also shows nothing.

Is there something else I need to go to get the disks to show up on USB? I tried \
multiple USB ports, and two different build 47 systems. Perhaps a USB change between \
the old release (I think it was build 43) and build 47? I'll install 48 and see if \
that solves the problem. Almost seems like I'm supposed to initialize the disks with \
some command but I can't track it down... Thanks.