List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    Re: [storage-discuss] General Update on iSCSI and iSNS Projects?
From:       Matty <matty91 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-21 17:13:15

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Rick McNeal wrote:

> I'll definitely keep in mind what areas need to be pushed to the limits and
> give some indication during the updates.
>
> I need to work on pushing the FC target mode a little more internally. When I
> created the architecture for the target having FC support in the daemon was
> on my mind. I deliberately called the CLI iscsitadm because I wasn't sure
> what a CLI for both iSCSI and FC would look like (it may need to be more than
> one CLI). To avoid issues of backwards compatibility I didn't want to use the
> name tgtadm and then possible change command line options which is difficult.
>
> I'll add the SMI-S provider to the list. That's one which I'll probably need
> some help on. I've got no real experience in the SMI-S realm.

Hi Rick,

I too am watching your efforts, and am super excited with what I have seen
so far! Do you have any plans to create a DTrace iSCSI provider? It would
be super useful to export one or more probes to help with diagnosing
problems, and for analyzing the performance characteristics of a given
workload.

Thanks for any insight,
- Ryan
--