List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    Re: [storage-discuss] Failover Test
From:       "James C. McPherson" <James.C.McPherson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-16 12:41:55

Selbonne, David wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I want to test the failover mecanism on a Solaris 10 server with a STK
> Flexline 680 Disk connected with MPxIO enabling.
> Load balancing is diseable.
> Can someone give me the method to make this test.

Hi David,
in addition to Robert's suggestions, you could use cfgadm
to "disconnect" a path at a time.

If this system is directly connected, then that's pretty
much your only option iirc. However, if you're going through
a switch then you can connect to the switch and disable any
port while you're running an IO load.

best regards,
James C. McPherson