List:       opensolaris-storage-discuss
Subject:    [storage-discuss] MPXIO support for OEM'd Emulex HBA's
From:       James.McPherson () Sun ! COM (James C !  McPherson)
Date:       2006-01-30 11:25:30

Phil Coleman wrote:
> With Sun OEM'ing Emulex HBA's will there be built in support for
> MPXIO within Solaris for these cards (LP10000, etc)? Will there be a
> similar lpfc.conf as there is a qlc.conf, with details on
> enabling/disabling MPXIO? I ask because with the possible move
> towards ZFS, away from other storage management products we need to
> ensure we have the same level of multi-pathing redundancy  as we have
> currently.

Phil,
there won't be an lpfc.conf because we're using the "emlxs" driver
rather than lpfc. The emlxs driver is Leadville-compliant, which
means that 'it just works' with mpxio.

You can see info on what cards are supported and what san software
revs you need at my blog:

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/jmcp/20060128

cheers,
James C. McPherson