List:       opensolaris-smf-discuss
Subject:    Re: [smf-discuss] S11 svccfg import fix needed
From:       Jens Elkner <jel+smf () cs ! uni-magdeburg ! de>
Date:       2012-02-09 17:08:00

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 04:43:07PM +0100, Casper.Dik@oracle.com wrote:

> >Ahh - thanx, that explains something. However, the suggested fix doesn't
> >seem to work. svccfg listcust -M showed the service and so I deleted it
> >as shown (yes, not listed in svccfg listcust -M anymore).
> >Now I moved back the manifest to its old location in
> >/lib/svc/manifest/network and svcadm restart manifest-import. But without
> >any luck - svcs -a still doesn't show it :(
> >
> >The machine is running SRU2 ...
>

> Can you verify that it was reimported?  (Check the log for
> manifest-import).

Ahhh - that was a really good hint:

[ Feb  9 15:53:49 Executing start method ("/lib/svc/method/manifest-import"). ]
[ Feb  9 15:53:49 Timeout override by svc.startd.  Using infinite timeout. ]
svccfg: svc:/network/smtp changed unexpectedly (instance "sendmail" added).
svccfg: Import of /lib/svc/manifest/network/smtp-sendmail.xml failed.  Progress:
svccfg:   Service "network/smtp": properties imported.
svccfg:     Instance "sendmail": not reached.
svccfg: Import of /lib/svc/manifest/network/smtp-sendmail.xml failed.

> svccfg listcust -M | grep smtp
svc:/network/smtp admin MASKED

That one deleted as well and now the svc shows up after mv the manifest
back, restarting the manifest-import.

Thanx a lot!!!,
jel.
--
Otto-von-Guericke University     http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/
Department of Computer Science   Geb. 29 R 027, Universitaetsplatz 2