List:       opensolaris-smf-discuss
Subject:    Re: [smf-discuss] Code review for 6271923 (PSARC/2009/332) required.
From:       Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams () sun ! com>
Date:       2009-06-15 20:24:00

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 09:12:02PM +0200, Darren Reed wrote:
> I've filed 6851264.

Thanks.

> Nicolas Williams wrote:
> > - IIRC it's incorrect to refer only to $BASEDIR in the pkg scripts --
> >   you need to also use $PKG_INSTALL_ROOT, like so:
> >
> >+rm -f $PKG_INSTALL_ROOT/$BASEDIR/var/tmp/dhcpsvc.tmp
> >+if [ ! -f $PKG_INSTALL_ROOT/$BASEDIR/etc/inet/dhcpsvc.conf ] ; then
> >+        touch $PKG_INSTALL_ROOT/$BASEDIR/var/tmp/dhcpsvc.tmp
> >+fi
> >

> Be that as it may, the rest of the package files are
> only using $PKG_INSTALL_ROOT. On top of
> that, use of $PKG_INSTALL_ROOT by itself seems
> quite common. I'm not going to make this change.

PKG_INSTALL_ROOT evaluates to the root of the image into which the pkg
is being installed.  And, IIRC, BASEDIR does not evaluate, in pkg
install/remove context, to PKG_INSTALL_ROOT + '/' + the BASEDIR from the
pkginfo.  To not use PKG_INSTALL_ROOT here is a bug.

> > - Also, it's not clear to me how your fix for 6378850 works.  The state
> >   of the service isn't checked (as the evaluation says it should be).
>
> The state of the service is only important in one scenario - pre-SMF
> DHCP server.
>
> This is inferred by the presence of the configuration file.
>
> In every other situation we want to do one thing: nothing.

This doesn't answer my question, but it doesn't matter: the new
suggested fix in the CR does the right thing and I'm happy.

> Err, no, but I suspect that I updated the Evaluation ahead of the
> suggested fix.
> And ahead of updating the webrev.
> Please recheck the CR.

I see it now.

(Speaking of webrevs, when posting webrevs outside SWAN you should use
webrev -O, which generates references to b.o.o instead of monaco.)

Nico