List:       opensolaris-smf-discuss
Subject:    [smf-discuss] Need help...
From:       johnboy () pathbroadband ! com (johnboy () pathbroadband ! com)
Date:       2006-04-10 11:05:18

> John Buttitto wrote On 04/10/06 12:27,:
>>
>> offline        22:13:34 svc:/application/sandcherry/agent:default
>
> Offline means the service cannot start because a dependency is not
> satisfied.  If you do svcs -x sandcherry/agent:default what do you get?

svcs -x sandcherry/agent:default
svc:/sandcherry/agent:default (?)
 State: disabled since Sun Apr 09 21:58:52 2006
Reason: Disabled by an administrator.
   See: http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-05
Impact: This service is not running.

> I suspect this:
>
>>         <dependency
>>                 name='fs'
>>                 grouping='require_all'
>>                 restart_on='none'
>>                 type='service'>
>>                 <service_fmri value='svc:/usr/local/sc' />
>>         </dependency>
>

> do you have a service called /usr/local/sc?  I suspect not, you may be
> misunderstanding a filesystem for an fmri.  This block does not mean,
> wait until /usr/local/sc is present before starting the service.

Woops that was it.. Very thankful. .I am looking at it now wondering where
my head was at. I was trying to make sure a directory was there and
several examples blurred together...

Thanks.

Is there a valid way to check for a directory??