List:       opensolaris-security-discuss
Subject:    Re: Open Sourcing Sun KMS 2.0 API
From:       Darren J Moffat <darrenm () opensolaris ! org>
Date:       2008-08-12 9:32:20

Sandy Stewart wrote:
> My team would like to request that the Storage Community sponsor a project to \
> release the Sun KMS 2.0 API as an Open Source Module.
> The intent of this project is to make available to any partner, the protocol by \
> which an arbitrary encryption agent can receive encryption keys in a secure and \
> authenticated manner from the Sun KMS 2.0.

I support this being something that the security community would also
endorse, personally I think this is about 50/50 storage/security.

The way to move this forward is to write up a proposal for the project
similar to what was done recently with the Data Tethers project, see the
following mail message in the security-discuss archives as an example
proposal:

http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/security-discuss/2008-August/006098.html

--
Darren J Moffat