List:       opensolaris-security-discuss
Subject:    [security-discuss] openssl and pkcs11_engine-0.9.8e.patch.2007-05-25
From:       Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews () isc ! org>
Date:       2007-09-28 0:31:02

	Is there any work being done to add support to access private
	keys in the key store?

	As far as I can see ENGINE_load_private_key() should be
	what is called to access these yet the code in
	pkcs11_engine-0.9.8e.patch.2007-05-25 which supports
	ENGINE_load_private_key() makes no attempt to do so.

	Before reinventing the wheel, by adding support to do this,
	I'd like to find out if anyone has code to do so.

	I'm looking for RSA support initially.

	From what I can see you would use RSA_set_ex_data()/
	RSA_get_ex_data() to store the handle on the RSA key
	and set RSA_FLAG_EXT_PKEY to indicate that there is a
	private key rather than the presence of RSA->d.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE:	+61 2 9871 4742		         INTERNET: Mark_Andrews@isc.org