List:       opensolaris-security-discuss
Subject:    [Security-discuss] Re: [osol-discuss] Re: Google Summer of Code:
From:       Darren.Moffat () Sun ! COM (Darren J Moffat)
Date:       2006-04-24 2:59:13

Sh wrote:
> Yeah,I'm a student too and I want to take part in some project
>
> My main specialization is security,application porting and just developing

Security is a huge area.

One of the things I'd like to see done for OpenSolaris is to expand the
"basic" privilege set to cover many other areas.  One of the more
frequently requested basic privileges is for controlling all access to
networking - like net_privaddr controls access to privileged ports.

If this is something you are interested in working on for the Google
Summer of Code I'd be happy to write up a more formal proposal AND be a
mentor for it if you like.

--
Darren J Moffat