List:       opensolaris-rfe
Subject:    [osol-rfe] Re: Re: find(1) extensions (was Re: Re: Re: Time argument
From:       Olivier.Bourdon () Sun ! COM (Olivier Bourdon)
Date:       2006-05-03 6:09:10

What about one of the most usefull option of gfind: -printf

I use it all the time to discard the info I do not like in the -ls output
and can be used for instance to compare 2 copies of a file tree
where timestamps (and of course inodes) are different

find . -printf "%s %h/%f %l\n"
which gives me the following output, the last field can be blank if
file is not a symlink

SIZE FULLPATH [LINK]