List:       opensolaris-printing-discuss
Subject:    Re: [printing-discuss] lpstat, queue disappears until restart
From:       Norm Jacobs <Norm.Jacobs () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2007-05-14 16:21:38

The behavior you are seeing sounds like a bug in lpsched, but I don't
know that I have enough information to be certain.
You might turn on the syslogd(1m) lpr.debug logging and take a look at
it.  lpsched and some of the interface scripts log several key events
and bits of information that should allow you to get a better idea of
what's going on.  You might also take a looks that the logs in /var/lp/logs.

       -Norm

Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a customer facing a strange problem using lp (no cups).
> The printer is offline, so no queue will be flushed there, then I run a lot of "lp" \
> commands to the printer. Before Solaris 10 (but probably before Solaris 9) lpstat \
> would return the entire queue with a list of pending job numbers, so I may delete \
> the jobs via cancel. Now, if you do lpstat (and the printer is still offline), the \
> queue looks like it's being flushed regularly, and each lpstat jobs disappear as if \
> they're done. Then, still with the printer offline, I reboot the machine, and I can \
> see the jobs reappear in lpstat, and then again disapper (like if they're bouncing \
> in a sub queue, that I cannot see, and got back from time to time). What changed in \
> lp / lpstat?
That's a fairly open ended question, but the short version is that
lp/lpstat haven't changed significantly in s10.
> How can I see job numbers for waiting jobs?

lpstat(1) is really it.

    -Norm