List:       opensolaris-powerpc-discuss
Subject:    [powerpc-discuss] Re:  /psm dirs
From:       William.Kucharski () Sun ! COM (William Kucharski)
Date:       2006-01-16 23:44:59

Sven Luther wrote:
>> Developed by Apple Computer, Inc., International Business Machines
>> Corporation, and Motorola, Inc.
>> "
>
> I didn't know motorola was involved, i think they never produced any CHRP
> machines, not sure though.

Since Apple, IBM and Motorola were the co-developers of the PowerPC
architecture, this isn't at all surprising.

(Of course, Motorola spun off their chip division as Freescale,
something that makes zero sense to me given the name recognition
Motorola semiconductors have long had...)

     William Kucharski
     william.kucharski@sun.com