List:       opensolaris-powerpc-discuss
Subject:    [powerpc-discuss] Re: [osol-discuss] Re: grub miniroot optimisation
From:       blastwave () gmail ! com (Dennis Clarke)
Date:       2005-09-28 19:06:30

On 9/28/05, Jan Setje-Eilers <Jan.Setje-Eilers@eng.sun.com> wrote:

>  For what it's worth, I hacked away at the nevada build 22 miniroot
> and was able to install a 128Mb system. Here are the details:
>
>   http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/setje?entry=post_new_boot_solaris_on

This is an insane amount of work for what some people may think is a
useless exercise.

Not So !

The potential for OpenSolaris on small embedded systems is of great
interest to some people ( see www.blastware.org ) and the need to cram
a useful OS into a small footprint is of great value.

I want to thank you and applaud you in all the work that you did here
and want to let you know that it is of value and will definately be
used.

--
Dennis Clarke
Director and Admin for blastwave.org