List:       opensolaris-opengrok-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opengrok] PMD usage
From:       Jens Elkner <jel+opengrok () cs ! uni-magdeburg ! de>
Date:       2011-04-15 23:45:02

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 05:48:36PM +0200, Trond Norbye wrote:

> On 15. apr. 2011, at 17.23, Jens Elkner wrote:
>
> > is actually anybody using PMD? Or better, does anybody care, if I remove
> > this annoying bloat?
> >

> What's wrong with it being there?

Just unneeded overhead:
I think every modern is able to report the same stuff (i.e. eclipse
is already showing 2642 warnings for opengrok).
There is no need to bloat the code with hundreds of @Suppress bla
blas. Also one needs to install that plugin in its IDE to get not
nerved about unknown PMD.* suppress stuff. If it is installed and
activated in the IDE, it does the same stuff, what the IDE already
does - so big waste of time and resources.
This is IMHO, what one usually calls: overengineering!
@SuppressWarnings("PMD.SystemPrintln") - LOL - come on, that's
really crazy ;-)

Regards,
jel.
--
Otto-von-Guericke University     http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/
Department of Computer Science   Geb. 29 R 027, Universitaetsplatz 2