List:       opensolaris-opengrok-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opengrok] Directory history and SCCS
From:       Joerg.Schilling () fokus ! fraunhofer ! de (Joerg Schilling)
Date:       2011-02-08 16:50:03

Trond Norbye <trond.norbye@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess the only reason is that none of the current contributors use sccs ;)
>
> I'd be happy to apply a patch :)

I am not  java guy.....

I could just give you the needed informations.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Regarding: history/SCCSRepository.java public class SCCSRepository extends Repository {

Not only CSSC implements --version but also the enhanced sccs I created from
the Sun SCCS sources

It returns:

sccs --version
sccs schily-SCCS version 1.00.04 (i386-pc-solaris2.11)

and at the same time supports "sccs help help"
sccs help help
Unrecognized locale... setting to English

help:
        help [arg]

(When all else fails execute "help stuck".)

I am not sure whether your test for sccs and cssc will be confused by that.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Regarding: history:

It seems that you call: sccs prs -e -d ":I: :P:" filename
This results in a list like:
1.59 joerg
1.58 joerg
1.57 joerg
1.56 joerg
1.55 joerg

If you give it more than one file name, you cannot distinguish things anymore
as sccs uses file specific release numbers. If you call it on a directory, e.g.

sccs prs -e -d ":I: :P:" SCCS

you will get a list with all files from that directory but that does not help even
though it contains all the same information as you get from e.g. hg.

For SCCS, you will need to combine the revision with the file name to get the
same information.

P.S.: I tried to read and to understand history/SCCSHistoryParser.java
but it seems to have tto few comments and I cannot understand how this e.g.
should be able to return a multi like commend for a single revision delta.

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)