List:       opensolaris-opengrok-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opengrok] segments.gen file missing when try to search
From:       Lubos Kosco <Lubos.Kosco () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2009-12-14 16:23:20

William Wollis wrote:
> Thanks for reply. It looks fine (for me ;o). Important items:
> Source root	/var/opt/opengrok/src
> Data root	/var/opt/opengrok/data
> Using projects	false
> History cache  	FileHistoryCache
> ----------------------------
> Indexes created Sat Dec 12 12:27:52 CET 2009
>
> Not sure, what "using projects" means and where it is setup. Anyway, I don't see any problem...

Hey William
could you please try to setup your opengrok according to
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+opengrok/installdescription ?

If you have a system we tested using the script it will be easy,
if not it will boil down to just copying source.war to your
tomcat/glassfish/whatever_webapp_container_you_use
and then doing a symlink for default link to configuration,
starting OpenGrok index with new instance base and pointer to source
and then starting the webapp container (or it can be started prior
indexing, but be aware that until indexing is done and configuration is
uploaded it will be in factory default state, which means nothing set up
;) )
No need to setup any source or data root dirs or to create silly
configurations  ... ;)

hmm ?
Lubos