List:       opensolaris-opengrok-discuss
Subject:    [opengrok] Re: wildcard search in Definition and Symbol
From:       Bill <bill.w.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-04 12:06:38

I found out that this is the default behavior of Lucene's QueryParser.  It lowercases the prefix text to create the PrefixQuery.  So the way things stand now wildcard search isn't really supported for definition and symbol search.  There is only a single QueryParser now for all five of the search field so changing it to not lowercase the prefix text will break wildcard search for the other 3 case insensitive fields.

I will look into how (or if) we can make wildcard search work for all fields.

Bill